What do you get the guy that has everything? You know him … He’s the one who runs straight to the store and purchases exactly what he wants the moment he sets his eye & heart on it. Whereas shopping for mom can often seem easy (just dash out & grab the shoes she “casually” mentioned last Sunday dinner), our favorite men make us a work a bit harder in the quest for the perfect gift.
To help you avoid the pre-dad’s day guessing game, we put together a few of our favorite gift ideas below. Hopefully these suggestions will help you avoid that dreaded 30 minute conversation about his 1920s tackle box with the broken handle. Sure he probably needs a new one, but who wants to replace the old family heirloom?
For the outdoorsman:
- JCrew Wallace and Barnes Camp Shirt - Functional and hip, this cargo shirt is great for hiking, but also suitable for a casual dinner.
- Prana Men’s Stretch Zion Short - These shorts have plenty of give and dry quickly, making them perfect for an all-day outing.
- L.L. Bean Waxed Cotton Packer Hat - An easily packable hat that protects the head in a variety of climates.
- CEP Progressive Outdoor Compression Socks - Perfect for hiking and trekking, these socks aid endurance and contain silver ions to reduce odor, a major plus in the outback!
- Keen Gypsum Mid Hiking Boots - Made for long lasting durability, these boots keep the feet dry and have excellent traction.
- REI Nalgene Water Bottle - Completely BPA free, this water bottle features a wide mouth and loop top design so the lid never goes missing.
- Suunto Clipper L-B NH Compass - This compass clips to your watchband so it is easily accessible during all times.
- REI Waterproof Binoculars - Let him catch a glimpse of the approaching bear before the others, you know he loves being the hero.
For the world traveller:
- 1,000 Places to See Before You Die - A must have for any traveler looking for an expedition off the beaten path.
- Tumi T-Tech Inflatable Neck Pillow - Give him the rest and relaxation he needs on that extra-long flight.
- Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses - Protect his eyes with these sleek sunglass. They’re fashion forward and will still remind him of the good ol’ days.
- Boom Renegade Headphones - Get him a pair of headphones that are comfortable on the ears and ensure easy listening on his iPod.
- RejuvaHealth COOLMAX Socks - Essential for travel, these compression knee highs are made from a comfortable microfiber blend and come in a versatile color that won’t cramp his style. In addition, the graduated compression will have his legs ready for action immediately following the flight.
- Tumi Electric Adaptor - This convenient travel accessory makes charging electronics in 150 different countries a breeze. Even better, it comes with a sleek carrying case.
- Soft Reusable Earplugs – Packaged in a set of three, these noise cancellers will come to the rescue when the passenger sitting next to him happens to be a 6-month-old sick baby.
For the golf guru:
- Puma Looper Fitted Golf Hat - Upgrade his style and dapperness with this sophisticated hat that’s sure to have him feeling like a million bucks.
- Nonnie Wallers Solid Chocolate Golf Balls - Satisfy his sweet tooth, and have him impressed with your creativity. This gourmet chocolate box features 18 chocolate delights in dark, milk, and white chocolate variations.
- Callaway Vintage Hybrid Headcover - Keep his driver and other clubs top notch and he’ll be the one thanking you after his hole-in-one.
- Allen Edmonds 'Muirfield Village' Golf Shoe - Reminiscent of the traditional saddle shoe, these have all the old school charm without sacrificing comfort.
- Nike Golf Balls - Don’t make a mistake and forget one of the easiest gifts. We all know he seems to “loose” them on the green more and more these days.
- CEP Progressive Golf Socks - Available in three different colors, these compression knee highs can help him secure his stance and stable his swing, as well prolong his leg endurance throughout the 18 holes.
Unsure whether you can put together an entire package of goodies by yourself? Consider outsourcing to siblings, family members, and other friends. By collaborating with others, you can put together a larger themed gift from the strategic combination of your individual purchases. The lucky guy will surely know a lot of thought was put into his big day. Enjoy the festivities and remember regardless of the outcome, the most important part is spending the day together!