Valentine’s Day (aka Single’s Awareness Day to those of us less fortunate) is the day most people love to hate, hate to love, or love to…well, love. We’re no expert on the subject, but we know not to leave anyone out. Having said that, we’ve listed a few suggestions below for every kind of girl….attached or not!
For the Single Girl – Love to Hate
1) Stock up on chocolate…tomorrow. Don’t give in to the temptation of buying those overpriced, heart shaped boxes [for yourself] just yet. Fact – tomorrow everything will be half price and just as adorable as the day before. Everyone deserves a box of chocolates around the hol-love-days.
2) Carpe diem! Go out and have fun. Embrace being single and free and have a martini with some of your girlfriends (or guy friends). Don’t have any takers? Be independent and go out by yourself. Confidence goes a long way and says a lot about your character. There will be lots of singles out – you never know who you might meet!
3) DON’T get on Facebook or Instagram. Trust me on this one. (see below)
What to Wear: Something that exudes confidence and is fun - Try RejuvaHealth’s Patterned Compression Socks
For the Dating Girl – Love to Love
1) It’s okay to be cheesy – everyone (really, everyone) is doing it! Brag about the flowers. Enjoy the breakfast in bed. Try the weird shaped chocolate without looking at the box. This day was designed for you… at least pretend to like the putt-putt golf and make an attempt to tolerate the hand holding in the movie theatre. Love is in the air!
2) Can’t afford anything an expensive gift? We’ve all been there. Good news is that some of the best gifts you can give are home-made. They show that you put thought and time into the person you care about. Make some heart shaped strawberry shortcakes or tell him the 52 ways you love him through a deck of cards.
What to Wear: Something a little dressier than usual and a bit flirty – Try RejuvaHealth’s Sheer Patterned Socks
For the Married Girl – Hate to Love
1) Romance, romance, romance. Today is the day to rekindle the flame between you and your lover (Yes, I said it). In layman’s terms, send the kids to Grandma’s house for the night.
2) Be sure to clarify the gift giving this year and stick to it. There’s nothing worse than disappointment on expectations. If you decide not to give gifts, don’t give gifts and don’t expect to get anything either. If you decide you want to exchange gifts, be sure to set a price point and stay within budget. It’s never good to be upstaged in the gift giving arena – although, you’ll gladly accept the diamond!
What to Wear: Something sexy and out of the norm – Try RejuvaHealth’s Sheer Leggings